So my school is fighting back against this principal
August 14- Principal Rich Thomas, in a senior class meeting about new rules and policies, when explaining the new phone policy, said “I don’t care if your Aunt is laying on her deathbed, you aren’t getting your cell phone back if we take it.”
Made a male student change out of his tank top in front of the school in front of him and at least 50 students into a shirt that followed the new dress code.
August 15-on- Constantly scans hallways, walkie talkie in hand, searching for students to either A. Give tardies to or B. Send to the In-School-Suspension room (ISS).
August 19- Pulled approximately 50+ female students from classrooms to be sent home over wearing gym/running shorts, made the girls who weren’t old enough to drive, and who’s parents couldn’t bring them clothes sit in ISS the rest of the day, even though this was many of their first EVER offenses.
August 20- Sent Mariah Adams home for wearing the outfit included in the picture attached.
Side notes: Was fired from Scott County High School for discrimination of the LGBTQ community members of the school.
Is forcing all students to wear lanyards with IDs to get into school.
Gives ISS after 4 total tardies in one semester, giving us 0.007% success rate in not going to ISS. With a total of 150 tardies within the first three days of school because of new, non-relenting policy.
Has expanded ISS room from capacity of 15 to capacity of 40 students with knowledge of the fact that he would be sending multiple student there for menial reasons every day.
And he also was fired before from another local school. LGBTQ Nation sent him a letter and sued the school: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/assets/2013/02/021413_Scott-County-Prom-Letter.pdf
The local news network has gotten word if the large amounts of chaos in the school and the nauseating dictatorship he’s made of our school.
We’re located in Perryville, MO. Literally and hour and half away from Ferguson.
Signal boost this, it’s important
the best moment in any media involving super heroes ever
- me on a spanish test: cómo se llama, bonita, mi casa, shakira shakira
i’m such an asshole but i’m also a very kind-hearted person who likes making ppl happy and if i love u i will love u with all my heart and all my soul but then i’m also such an asshole
white people: mike brown robbed that store!
Lawyer: no he didn’t
Store owners: nope
Eye witnesses: nah
white people: MIKE BROWN ROBBED THAT STORE
literally everything is now a trigger or cultural appropriation and everything is offensive we might as well just not speak or interact or breathe
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
My birthday was outstanding :) even though I haven’t really gotten over the fact that my dad forgot to text/call 😔
hi everyone, it’s dorothy gale from kansas, and i nominate the wicked witch of the west for the ice bucket challenge
WHO ARE YOU YOU ARE KILLING ME
but my favorite colors are green and purple (red is rad too)